Purism SPC is seeking to expand the team with an opening for an “event coordinator”: an internal support role for the whole organization. This is expected to start as a part-time position and scale up to full-time through 2019.
Learn more about Purism.
Scope of work
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and serving multiple departments (marketing, sales, technology/development, etc.), working in close collaboration with the marketing and finances departments, your responsibility will be to ensure we can be present at the most relevant public events to facilitate our business development objectives as efficiently as possible, saving Purism time and money for staffers needing to attend conferences, tradeshows and hackfests, while also establishing and maintaining relationships with event organisers.
Your core responsibilities would include:
- Helping plan and budget events to attend, exhibit at and sponsor for the year: which events and why, and who goes where when.
- Estimating and keeping track of costs of events attended (marketing + finance), and validate expenses incurred if needed.
- Collecting information on events, analyzing sponsorship or exhibitor brochures, negotiating custom (or multi-event) deals with conference organizers.
- Keeping track of deadlines and following-up with stakeholders (attendees, budget approvals, marketing collaterals design & production, demo equipment to be prepared, special offers to be activated, etc.).
- Maintaining the events attendance calendar.
- Coordinating the logistics of a team attending an event (who arrives and leaves when, with what equipment, where the team hangs together, etc.).
- Booking individual or group transportation (flights, trains, a big pick-up truck, etc.) and accommodation (ex.: hotels, rentals, etc.) for Purism staff, so that they can focus on their work (instead of the entire team taking a productivity hit, scrambling at the last minute, and potentially not getting the best deals that can be had).
- Transmitting the relevant booking information to the individuals, and assisting them with their travel in general.
- Planning and purchasing supplies/equipment to be carried or shipped, as needed.
- Reporting to the finance and marketing departments on costs incurred and success of events.
- With the help of the marketing team (if required), writing on our blog about the events before and after our team’s attendance.
While not required, candidates with a passion for public relations and an understanding or interest in business development, live event coverage through social media, or exhibiting, may find an interesting path for personal growth by participating directly in some of these events (subject to department preapproval).
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Very high personal integrity and strong sense of duty.
- Experience with some of the usual tools such as Rome2Rio, Hipmunk, Kayak, Google Flights, SkyScanner, Hotels.com and Bookings, AirBnB, SeatGuru, etc.
- An almost maniacal enjoyment derived from finding “great deals” (transportation and accommodation costs optimization) and routes optimization (sometimes using “creative” solutions), balancing the costs with quality (making the travel safe and enjoyable for staffers; nobody likes 4 connecting flights, crossing borders more than once, missing connections, or sleeping in a derelict hangar in JFK).
- Spreadsheets don’t scare you.
Some details for applying
- Please use this template as your email subject line: “Events coordinator – your_name_here”
- Feel free to bundle your CV as a PDF. Your cover letter can be PDF or directly in the email. Letters of recommendation attesting your trustworthiness with sensitive information are a plus.
- We have some flexibility in the start dates for this role. It may begin in November/December 2018 or in the beginning of 2019. It is expected to be a part-time role that will grow into a full-time assignation.