Purism SPC is rapidly expanding and is in need of a developers with a wide array of experiences. If you are eager to be part of Purism’s growing team, and have experience developing in any of the below listed areas, please apply. These roles are full-time and remote with a decentralized team across many timezones.
Learn more about Purism.
Scope of work (i.e. what you have to worry about)
We are looking for team members with experience developing and debugging applications (both system and user level) for the Librem 5 i.MX8 M based products.
- assist in getting the most out of our Librem 5 hardware
- make changes, upstream them, and work upstream to ensure support is mainlined
- experience working with the GNU/Linux development community.
- comfortable working asynchronously and via written instructions (email, chat, ticket tracker, etc.)
- flexibility and desire to learn new parts of the system an expand skills
- a willingness and excitement to engage in ethical software development
Specific areas to highlight in your application:
If any of these are areas of interest or experience, please flag them within your application as this is a general catch-all job posting it will help us narrow down the proper interviewer and role.
- Graphics Stack Developer
- Kernel Developers
- Power Management Expert
- Device Driver Developer
- Graphics Subsystem Developer
- Video Subsystem Developer
- i.MX8 Developer
- Arm Developer
- V4L Developer
- Security Expert
- Geary Developer
- GTK Developer
- GNOME Developer
- WebKit Developer
- V8 Developer
- Gecko/WebRender Developer
- Servo Developer
- Mobile Telephony Developer
- SIP Developer
- Camera Expert
- Debian Developer
- Mesa Developer
- Jenkins Expert
- Lava Expert
Some details for applying
Please use this template as your email:
- Subject line: “Librem 5 Developer – specific skill – your_name_here”
- List what you’re good at, or what you would like to help us with.
- Tell us how you got good at it, or how you’d like to help us.
- Let us know why would you like to be involved with Purism?
Please note that it will take some weeks for us to review applicants and get back to you.