Press releases & partnerships
Here are some recent formal announcements intended for dissemination through the press and/or our partners:
- Purism launches Librem Key, the first and only security key to offer tamper evident protection to laptop users (2018-09-20)
- Librem 5, the world’s first ethical, user-controlled smartphone, makes steady progress for initial shipping beginning April 2019 (2018-09-04)
- Purism’s Security and Privacy Focused Librem 5 Smartphone Makes Major Strides in Manufacturing and Development (2018-06-06)
- Purism and Nitrokey Partner to Build Librem Key for Purism’s Librem Laptops (2018-05-17)
- Purism and UBports officially collaborate to offer Ubuntu Touch on Librem 5 (2018-04-24)
- Librem laptop orders now shipping within a week (2018-03-28)
- Purism Partners with Cryptography Pioneer Werner Koch to Create a New Encrypted Communication Standard for Security-Focused Devices (2018-03-08)
- Purism Integrates Trammel Hudson’s Heads security firmware with Trusted Platform Module, giving full control and digital privacy to laptop users (2018-02-27)
- FSF adds PureOS to list of endorsed GNU/Linux distributions (2017-12-21)
- Purism Librem Laptops Completely Disable Intel’s Management Engine (2017-10-19)
- Purism Partners with Nextcloud to Build and Include End-to-End Encrypted Storage Products and Services (2017-10-18)
- Purism Collaborates with Cryptocurrency Monero to Enable Mobile Payments (2017-10-13)
- Purism Meets Its $1.5 Million Goal for Security Focused Librem 5 Smartphone One Week After Surging Past the 50% Mark (2017-10-09)
- Librem 5 Campaign Surges Past One Million Dollars (2017-10-04)
- Librem 5 Surges Past 50 Percent of its $1.5 Million Funding Goal To Deliver Encrypted, Privacy Smartphone That Won’t Track Users (2017-10-02)
- GNOME Foundation Partners with Purism to Support Its Efforts to Build the Librem 5 Smartphone (2017-09-19)
- Purism and KDE to Work Together on World’s First Truly Free Smartphone (2017-09-14)
- Purism Unveils Plans to Build Librem 5, the World’s First Encrypted, Open Smartphone Ecosystem Giving Users Complete Device Control (2017-08-24)
- Meet the development team at the 2017 Debian Conference (2017-07-27)
- Celebrate GNOME’s 20th anniversary with us at GUADEC 2017 (2017-07-11)
- Wannacry, Petya, NotPetya, Vault 7, Dark Matter, Show Numerous Key Flaws in Popular Devices (2017-07-05)
- A shipping update for Qubes-related orders (2017-07-04)
- Purism’s Security Focused Librem Laptops Go Mainstream as General Availability Begins (2017-06-23)
- Purism now a Social Purpose Corporation — What this means for you and us (2017-05-06)
- Security Researcher Trammell Hudson and Device Maker Purism Join Forces to Set a New Standard for Security-Focused Laptops (2017-04-12)
- Meet us at LibrePlanet 2017 from March 24th to March 26th (2017-02-23)
- Nicole Færber joins the Purism Advisory Board (2016-10-04)
- Purism announces the creation of its Advisory Board (2016-08-30)
- Purism Partners with Qubes, Security-Focused Hardware and Software Together (2015-12-08)
- Purism Ships Librem 13, First Privacy-respecting Notebook Computer (2015-10-15)
- Purism Librem Privacy-Respecting Computers Raise $797,000 to Date, Now Among Top 3 Crowdfunded PCs in History (2015-09-24)
- Purism Unveils the First Computer Built to Respect and Protect Digital Privacy (2015-06-18)
- Pioneering CPU Efforts to Liberate Laptop Hardware (2014-12-18)
If you would like to be notified in advance of some topics of interest to you, feel free to contact email@example.com to let us know.
While the corporate news items below are not formal press releases (and often fairly technical in nature), we consider they might be of interest to members of the press who wish to dig further.
To discover more news items, related to our philosophy, product design, manufacturing and logistics, visit the general news section. There you can also discover our most frequently used tags and categories should you be interested in one topic in particular.
Make sure to check out our corporate overview page and our “Why Purism?” section. See also the documents below.
If you are interested in receiving digests of our technical news and announcements once in a while (usually once every few months, though frequency can be higher on occasion), you can subscribe to our mailing list by sending a blank mail to announce-join to subscribe (you can unsubscribe at any time). Keep in mind that those are high-level Purism news digests rather than preannouncements (if you would like those, send us a few words to firstname.lastname@example.org instead).