PGP Fingerprint: B8CA ACEA D949 30F1 23C4 642C 23CF 2E3D 2545 14F7
Latest posts by Todd Weaver (see all)
- GNOME and KDE in PureOS: diversity across devices - January 31, 2018
- Meltdown, Spectre and the Future of Secure Hardware - January 5, 2018
- Happy New Year! Purism Goals for 2018 - January 3, 2018
Purism has set out to change the future of computing for the better. We care about your freedom and security and we prove that by working hard to offer you convenient ethical products and services. In our relatively short existence since forming, we have achieved the following milestones:
- Released 3 revisions of the Librem 15 laptop.
- Released 2 revisions of the Librem 13 laptop.
- Persevered in our efforts and upheld our promise to port coreboot to all our devices.
- We have been the first manufacturer to disable the Intel Management Engine (and we are currently still the only vendor of brand new devices doing this with devices shipping out today…).
- Received FSF endorsement for PureOS.
- Exceeded our funding goal by almost 50% for our Librem 5 phone campaign.
- Partnered with Matrix, Nextcloud, Monero, GNOME and KDE
Purism has some lofty goals that seem more attainable with each advancement that we make. Our pace for these achievements is already impressive, and we plan on maintaining and exceeding that pace in 2018. This coming year, we plan to:
- Release the development board for the Librem 5 phone.
- Produce great documentation for developers to write applications into PureOS (or any GNU/Linux based OS) for the Librem 5 phone.
- Attend significantly more conferences and events; this lets us meet long-standing collaborators, improves our own knowledge, and also lets us raise awareness about our ideals and approaches to solving long-standing challenges in the industry.
- Release our Purist Ethical Services offering (more news on this later).
- Advance the Librem 15 and Librem 13 laptops into a version 4 model.
- Release the much-awaited Librem tablet.
- Release TPM + Heads as a “turn-key” product on our devices.
Things are off to a great start in 2018 and we hope you are as excited as we are to push forward the causes of freedom, security and privacy—principles that we hold as dearly as you do.
Happy New Year from your friends at Purism SPC!