- Purism warrant its devices or hardware products against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance to its designed operational conditions, for 1 year.
- The above does not apply to accessories and other products, including but not limited to: privacy filters for laptop screens, rubber feet, screw sets, for which the warranty period is limited to 30 days.
- Warranty does not apply to the software delivered with the devices: like all free and open source software, PureOS and its software components are provided on AS IS basis, without warranties of any kind either express or implied.
- Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are expected to diminish over time and normal use, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (c) to damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the Purism specifications; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake, war, meteor strike or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the device outside normal operating conditions (like extreme temperatures, extreme humidity, in a vacuum, etc.); (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Purism; (g) to a device that has been modified to temporary or permanently alter functionality or capability in any way without the written permission of Purism; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the device.
Warranty policy notes:
- * warranty claim will be denied if not submitted within the warranty period, no matter when the issue has occurred
- * warranty claim will be denied if the customer does not reply within a month after communication with Purism starts
- * warranty claim can be denied if customer does not perform troubleshooting steps instructed by Purism
- * warranty claim can be denied if customer fails to ensure proper packaging of the device resulting in damage during transit
- * warranty claim can be denied if device has signs of damage caused by a mishandle or misuse
- * warranty claim can be denied if the customer insists on returning customizations, such as stickers, privacy screen filters, etc, in a working state or undamaged, after the device was customized in a way that does not alter functionality thus haven’t invalidated point 3. (g)
- If, for any reason, you want to cancel your order before it was shipped, we will issue a full refund.
- If you want to draw funds from any product that you: back, pre-order, early purchase, pre-purchase: when your pre-order is reached in the shipping queue you can decide whether to have it shipped or opt for some other option.
- If there is a defective hardware component, we will send you a replacement part or a new product unit free of charge (see Warranty #2 and #3).
- If you want to return a product that doesn’t have any hardware issues, we will charge a 10% restocking fee. We accept these returns within 30 days of delivery.
- Accessories and other products, including but not limited to: privacy filters for laptop screens, rubber feet, screw sets, can be returned within 7 days from the delivery but only in original packaging (ie. if they are not opened and used).
Return policy notes:
- * customer pays the return shipping
- * shipping costs are not refunded
- * Anti-Interdiction setup costs are not refunded
- * return request will be denied if not submitted within the 30-day period
- * return request will be denied if the customer does not reply to Purism within the 30-day period, even if communication with Purism has already started
- * return request can be denied if customer fails to ensure proper packaging of the device resulting in damage during transit
- * return request can be denied if device has signs of damage caused by a mishandle or misuse
- * return request can be denied if device was modified to temporary or permanently alter functionality or capability in any way (including but not limited to: permanent attachment of the screen privacy filter)
Data protection and privacy
- By registering to our services, you agree to comply with all applicable legal provisions regarding data protection in USA jurisdiction.
- Your personal data are exclusively used for the processing of contracts made between you and us. Under no circumstances will the data collected be used beyond of the contractual purpose, or otherwise sold to third parties.
About this website
Unless otherwise noted, contents created by the Purism team on this website are copyleft with a CC-by-SA 4.0 license.
We use Matomo to create visitor statistics on this website for our internal use (hey, we like to know which news sites people come from!), but it respects your browser’s DoNotTrack setting and will not record your visit if your DNT setting is enabled—otherwise, you can also opt-out manually here.
Looking for something more philosophical? Check out our Why Purism and philosophical contract pages.