- Purism warrant its devices or hardware products against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance to its designed operational conditions, for 1 year.
- Warranty does not apply to the software delivered with the devices: like all free and open source software, PureOS and its software components are provided on AS IS basis, without warranties of any kind either express or implied.
- Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are expected to diminish over time and normal use, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (c) to damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the Purism specifications; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake, war, meteor strike or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the device outside normal operating conditions (like extreme temperatures, extreme humidity, in a vacuum, etc.); (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Purism; (g) to a device that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Purism; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the device.
- If, for any reason, you want to cancel your order before it was shipped, we will issue a full refund.
- If there is a defective hardware component, we’ll send you a replacement part or a new product unit free of charge (see Warranty #2 and #3).
- If you want to return a product that doesn’t have any hardware issues, we’ll charge a 10% restocking fee. We accept these returns within 30 days of delivery.
Data protection and privacy
- By registering to our services, you agree to comply with all applicable legal provisions regarding data protection in USA jurisdiction.
- Your personal data are exclusively used for the processing of contracts made between you and us. Under no circumstances will the data collected be used beyond of the contractual purpose, or otherwise sold to third parties.
Terms and conditions
This section will be fleshed out when we roll out our services offering.