PGP Fingerprint: B8CA ACEA D949 30F1 23C4 642C 23CF 2E3D 2545 14F7
Latest posts by Todd Weaver (see all)
- GNOME and KDE in PureOS: diversity across devices - January 31, 2018
- Meltdown, Spectre and the Future of Secure Hardware - January 5, 2018
- Happy New Year! Purism Goals for 2018 - January 3, 2018
We have hit the first price break tier from the supply chain to manufacture our Librem 13 laptops. The price has been reduced from $1,713.00 to $1,499.00 for all new orders.
This price break is on the next batch of Librem 13 parts we will be receiving into our South San Francisco facility, allowing us to ship from stock starting sometime in May of 2016.
As we grow in volume, our leverage grows in the supply chain, ushering in two very important pieces of negotiation:
- Volume discounts to be able to pass on the savings to users.
- Increased pressure on suppliers to provide us documentation, source code, and to respect the rights of end users.
We thank each and every one who has purchased a Librem laptop, it is with the community’s support that we can offer a reduced price for the Librem 13, and we can improve our leverage with the supply chain promoting our goals of creating a completely secure, private, and freedom respecting computer.