Purism is seeking to rapidly expand PureOS applications with fully free software. This position is important for the long-term goal of making security, privacy, and freedom respecting software more appealing than the rights stripping proprietary alternatives.
This role is one that will focus on PureOS curating and adding flatpak applications into PureOS and be available in the PureOS Store.
Scope of Work
We are looking for a team member with experience and a passion for application packaging to create a curated app discovery and install process for users.
- Application packaging (debs and flatpaks)
- Curation policy maintainer and implementation of that policy
- Manual reviewing of applications against the policy
- Scripting to automate packaging
- Quality control of application packaging and customer experience
- Payments processing for paid applications.
- Being comfortable working asynchronously and via written instruction with freedom respecting tools like email, gitlab, and matrix chat.
- Previous experience in free/libre software is not required, but a willingness to engage in ethical software development is.
Some details for applying
Please use this template as your email:
- Subject line: “PureOS Packaging Developer – your_name_here”
- List what you’re good at, or what you would like to help us with.
- Tell us how you got good at it, or how you’d like to help us.
- Let us know why would you like to be involved with Purism?
- Let us know if you desire part-time, full-time, or are open to either.
Please note that it will take some weeks for us to review applicants and get back to you.