Secure Boot Process
PureBoot is Purism’s cutting edge, complete secured boot process and combines a number of technologies including:
- Neutralized and Disabled Intel Management Engine
- Coreboot the free software BIOS replacement
- A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip
- Heads our tamper-evident boot software that loads from within coreboot and uses the TPM and the user’s own GPG keys to detect tampering within the BIOS, kernel, and GRUB config.
- Librem Key a USB security token that integrates with Heads to alert the user to tampering with an easy “green light good, red light bad” process.
- Integration between the Librem Key and LUKS disk encryption so you can unlock your disk with your Librem Key.