Purism SPC is rapidly expanding and is in need of an on-site electronics engineer as a full-time role. If you are eager to be part of Purism’s growing team, and have electronics engineering experience, please apply. This role is full-time and local to the San Diego/Carlsbad region, working with and coordinating with a supporting team (developers) of decentralized workers across many timezones.
Learn more about Purism.
Scope of work (i.e. what you have to worry about)
Working with the CTO and development team, we are looking for team members who are engaging, hyper-organized, fun, detail oriented, and with good team collaborative communication skills who will help plan and organize the electrical engineering efforts around the growing line of hardware products.
Purism is constantly advancing its mission to create an ethical digital world, and this electronics engineering role will be instrumental in sharing that vision of promoting the social purpose of Purism.
- full-time, but part time / hourly basis, on demand is also available to start
- getting everything ready for manufacturing production
- help setup machine programs, production line, debug phase
- on-site work, when needed, in (south) Carlsbad, CA
- good electronics engineering skills
- experience in bringing a complex electronics design into production
- BOM management
- PCB EQ
- working with design tools like CAE and CAD
- experience in hardware debugging
- instrumenting hardware, taking measurements
- reading schematics and applying to measurements
- assisting and collaboration with software team
- experience with free software on embedded devices welcome, like U-Boot, Linux kernel, using U-Boot and/or Linux as instruments for testing/debugging
- decentralized work environment, using internet based tools for team collaboration
- experience with internet based development tools and methods
- free software / open source oriented
- Energetic, proactive go-getter person who can engage with a core local operations team, and a distributed team across decentralized tools, email, cloud storage, and real-time chat.
- Extremely well-organized and motivated to accelerate our mission engaging in ethical secure computing environments, able to interact with minimal supervision or pushing.
- 2+ years of experience in electrical engineering.
Some details for applying
Please use this template as your email:
- Subject line: “On-site Electronics Engineer – your_name_here“
- What are you good at?
- How you got good at it?
- Why would you like to be involved with Purism?
Please note that it will take some weeks for us to review applicants and get back to you.