Purism is seeking to expand its system administration team to improve core infrastructure and services all using fully free software. This position is important for the long-term goal of making security, privacy, and freedom respecting software more appealing than the rights stripping proprietary alternatives.
This role is one that will focus on software services but spills over to a lot of regular system administration work.
Scope of Work
We are looking for a team member with experience and a passion for free software based system administration.
- Maintain servers and services
- Interact with the entire staff on administrative requests
- Setup new servers and services
- Scripting to automate tasks
- Setup monitoring and escalation procedures
- Being comfortable working asynchronously and via written instruction with freedom respecting tools like email, gitlab, and matrix chat.
- Previous experience in free/libre software is not required, but a willingness to engage in ethical software development is.
Some details for applying
Please use this template as your email:
- Subject line: “System Administrator – your_name_here”
- List what you’re good at, or what you would like to help us with.
- Tell us how you got good at it, or how you’d like to help us.
- Let us know why would you like to be involved with Purism?
- Let us know if you desire part-time, full-time, or are open to either.
Please note that it will take some weeks for us to review applicants and get back to you.