As Purism SPC grows, so does the developer community and a technical writer is needed to keep up with the external technical documentation needs. If you enjoy writing technical documentation for large engaged audiences, please apply. These roles are full-time and remote with a decentralized team across many time zones.
Learn more about Purism.
Scope of work (i.e. what you have to worry about)
We are looking for a team member with experience and a passion for technical writing.
- Write technical tutorials for users to navigate their Purism hardware, software, and services.
- Write developer documentation for application submission and developer account creation and management process.
- Have the ability to run and lightly test applications developed within the team to be able to document their behaviors.
- Update and maintain existing documentation as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Purism team to include their feedback on documentation changes.
- Work collaboratively with community members to accept community contributions to the documentation as needed.
- Being comfortable working asynchronously and via written instruction with freedom respecting tools like email, Gitlab, and Matrix chat.
- Prior experience with Debian-based distributions, Flatpak, and the GNOME desktop would be a plus.
- Previous experience in free/libre software is not required, but a willingness to engage in ethical software development is.
Some details for applying
Please use this template as your email:
- Subject line: “Technical Writer – your_name_here”
- List what you’re good at, or what you would like to help us with.
- Tell us how you got good at it, or how you’d like to help us.
- Let us know why would you like to be involved with Purism?
Please note that it will take some weeks for us to review applicants and get back to you.