PureBoot is Purism’s cutting edge, complete secured boot process and combines a number of technologies including:
- Neutralized and Disabled Intel Management Engine where only the code absolutely essential for the system to boot is left in the ME.
- Coreboot the free software BIOS replacement.
- A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip
- Heads our tamper-evident boot software that loads from within coreboot and uses the TPM and the userâ€™s own GPG keys to detect tampering within the BIOS, kernel, and GRUB config.
- Librem Key our USB security token that integrates with Heads to alert the user to tampering with an easy â€œgreen light good, red light badâ€ process.
- Integration between the Librem Key and LUKS disk encryption so you can unlock your disk with your Librem Key.
Learn More about PureBoot from the documentation